Lightning Fibre is recruiting a Senior Network Engineer to join the team in Eastbourne.
Lightning Fibre is the leading local alternative network for Full Fibre broadband in East Sussex. We are headquartered in Eastbourne where our existing broadband network is. Our broadband network has the ability to supply everyone with not just 1 Gigabit broadband but with multi Gigabits and not just download either, uploads too.
We are a community orientated network operator, whose aim is to significantly upgrade our regions broadband infrastructure, providing local jobs and acting as a vital enabler to grow our digital local economy, thereby creating further quality jobs. Lightning Fibre has bold plans afoot with Eastbourne and Hastings at the forefront.
The role primary purpose:
- You will be working with the Network Director to oversee all aspects of the Lightning Fibre active network.
Key task and responsibilities:
- Be part of the team that both oversees the day-to-day running of the Lightning Fibre core and distribution network and works on its future design and strategy.
- Drive the network rollout as Lightning Fibre expands into new locations.
- Work with other providers to optimise and enhance network connectivity.
- Provide 3rd line escalation assistance for network-related support issues.
- Assist with design and deployment of complex business customer solutions.
- Help evaluate change requests/ other maintenance requests.
- Help refine and improve network related policies and documentation.
- At least 5 years of experience at an architect/senior engineer level preferably in a service provider environment; with recent hands-on operational experience.
- Knowledge of Juniper routers and JUNOS to JNCIE level, or equivalent level obtained through experience. We certainly value hard-earned experience over theoretical knowledge.
- Knowledge and experience of networking technologies including: IP, Ethernet, MPLS, VPLS, VLANs including QinQ, and VxLAN. Routing protocols including OSPF and BGP.
- Operational experience using BGP preferably in a service provider environment, including routing on a global scale and using BGP for traffic engineering purposes; and the use of BGP with multiple address families.
- Operational experience of using IPv6 alongside IPv4 in a dual-stacked environment.
- Operational experience of using multiple routing instances / VRFs on a network.
- Strong Linux/BSD working experience, and of Linux/BSD networking.
- An ability to methodically troubleshoot and systematically work through and resolve issues.
- Good at documenting your work.
- Good at communicating technical concepts to non-technical people.
- Competent using the Microsoft Office suite such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio.
- Operational experience of Cumulus as a network operating system.
- Operational experience of consumer router management via TR-069 based ACS.
- Operational experience of PON networks, preferably using Adtran.
- Programming and scripting skills for network automation.
- Experience of working with VoIP using SIP and RTP.
This is a rare and excellent opportunity to be part of something special in your local community.
Please submit your CV together with a covering letter which should outline what you will bring to this role.
Reference ID: Senior Network Engineer
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent