Lightning Fibre is the leading local alternative network provider of Full Fibre broadband in East Sussex. We are headquartered in Eastbourne and have an existing broadband network in East Sussex.
We are a community orientated network operator, whose aim is to significantly upgrade our regions broadband infrastructure, providing local jobs, keeping local £’s in the areas we serve and acts as a vital enabler to grow our digital local economy, thereby creating further quality jobs. Lightning Fibre has bold plans afoot, with Eastbourne and Hastings at the forefront.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting into the Planning Manager, the role will also assist other operational managers as per a project requirement.
Assisting development of the program of works for our MDU projects. This will include defining a project delivery plan, evaluating each contractor’s capacity, and allocating resources accordingly.
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules and work hours.
- Organising, attending, and participating in stakeholder & Operational meetings.
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Preparing necessary presentation materials, forecasting workstreams for upcoming MDU projects.
- Managing contractor workload and supporting all operational departments.
- Ensuring project deadlines are met.
- Determining project changes.
- Providing administrative support as needed.
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Any experience or education in project management (preferred)
- Experience in Construction, Utilities, or Installation (preferred)
- Understanding of British standards surrounding cable installation & fire protection (preferred)
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge on file management, transcription, and other administrative procedures.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.
- Microsoft Project experience preferred
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent