Lightning Fibre is recruiting a Junior Fibre Planner to join the team in Eastbourne. This role reports to the Fibre Planning Manager.
Lightning Fibre is the leading local alternative network for Full Fibre broadband in East Sussex. We are headquartered in Eastbourne where our existing broadband network is. Our broadband network has the ability to supply everyone with not just 1 Gigabit broadband but with multi Gigabits and not just download either, uploads too.
We are a community orientated network operator, whose aim is to significantly upgrade our regions broadband infrastructure, providing local jobs and acting as a vital enabler to grow our digital local economy, thereby creating further quality jobs. Lightning Fibre has bold plans afoot with Eastbourne and Hastings at the forefront.
The role primary purpose:
- Reporting to the Planning Manager and with their guidance, you’ll undertake Lightning Fibre’s traditional and PIA planning, including updating our GIS asset management system
Key task and responsibilities:
- Traditional and PIA design
- Quality check principle designers work packs
- Ensure Lightning Fibre’s compliance with all Openreach PIA rules
- Facilitate Lightning Fibre’s PIA process which includes but is not limited to; NOIs, reporting and network adjustments
- Optimising traditional design with PIA opportunities including use of Poles for last drop
- Design and Contractor co-ordination in collaboration with the wider team
- Progress reporting
- Support the Fibre Planning Manager
- An interest in engineering or telecommunications
- Experience of working in a young dynamic company