Lightning Fibre is recruiting a Health & Safety Manager to join the team in Eastbourne. This role reports to the Health & Safety Director.
Lightning Fibre is the leading local alternative network for Full Fibre broadband in East Sussex. We are headquartered in Eastbourne where our existing broadband network is. Our broadband network has the ability to supply everyone with not just 1 Gigabit broadband but with multi Gigabits and not just download either, uploads too.
We are a community orientated network operator, whose aim is to significantly upgrade our regions broadband infrastructure, providing local jobs and acting as a vital enabler to grow our digital local economy, thereby creating further quality jobs. Lightning Fibre has bold plans afoot with Eastbourne and Hastings at the forefront.
The role primary purpose:
- Drive a safe and healthy environment across all sites, staff and contractors.
Key task and responsibilities:
- You will act as the in-house CDM expert providing H&S support to the wider delivery and management teams.
- You will ensure in-house policies and legislation are followed.
- You will manage the HSEQ library and keep up to date.
- You will carry out reviews and inspections in the Field and on our premises to identify opportunities to improve HSEQ performance.
- You will support underperforming staff and deliver toolbox talks.
- You will produce monthly reports on HSEQ performance.
- You will manage the Lightning Fibre employee and contractor register, ensuring that our works are compliant with the companywide requirements and only accredited staff and contractors are permitted to carry out works.
- You will be continuously looking to improve Lightning Fibre’s HSEQ systems.
- You will work with Local Authority bodies and the H&S Executive as required to maintain compliance, including CDM requirements are met in relation to our civils construction activities.
- Recognised HSE qualifications/accreditations – minimum NEBOSH (construction) certification.
- Team player, highly organised, confident, good communicator, resourceful and delivery orientated
- Demonstrable knowledge of CDM regulations
- Demonstrable knowledge within the Construction and/or Utilities industry
- Full UK Driving License
- Interest in broadband and telecoms technologies
- Experience of working in a young dynamic company
This is a rare and excellent opportunity to be part of something special in your local community.
Please submit your CV together with a covering letter which should outline what you will bring to this role.