Lightning Fibre is recruiting Installation Engineers to join the team in Eastbourne. This role reports to the Delivery Director.
Lightning Fibre is the leading local alternative network for Full Fibre broadband in East Sussex. We are headquartered in Eastbourne where our existing broadband network is. Our broadband network has the ability to supply everyone with not just 1 Gigabit broadband but with multi Gigabits and not just download either, uploads too.
We are a community orientated network operator, whose aim is to significantly upgrade our regions broadband infrastructure, providing local jobs and acting as a vital enabler to grow our digital local economy, thereby creating further quality jobs. Lightning Fibre has bold plans afoot with Eastbourne and Hastings at the forefront.
The role primary purpose:
- You’ll undertake Lightning Fibre’s Full Fibre installations in a professional, personable and timely manner
Key task and responsibilities:
- Full Fibre installations from the fibre pot into the LF equipment on premise
- Fibre blowing
- Fibre splicing
- Working at heights (Poles, lifts and ladders)
- Positive representation of LF to the public and build rapport with customers whilst onsite
- Provide install progress/whereabouts updates
- Diagnose Fibre faults
- Health & Safety compliance
- External site survey experience; NRSWA, Unit 2 Street Works Signing, Lighting & Guarding accreditation
- A team player, highly organised, confident and good communicator
- Attention to detail and accuracy coupled with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Full UK Driving License
- Experience of working in a young dynamic company
- Experience of undertaking broadband installation (Full Fibre preferred)
- Experience of fibre blowing and splicing
- Experience working at heights (Poles, lifts and ladders)
This is a rare and excellent opportunity to be part of something special in your local community.
Please submit your CV together with a short covering letter or message which should outline what you will bring to this role.
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Openreach PIA: 1 year (preferred)