Lightning Fibre is recruiting a Fibre Planning Manager to join the team in Eastbourne. This role reports to the Delivery Director.
Lightning Fibre is the leading local alternative network for Full Fibre broadband in East Sussex. We are headquartered in Eastbourne where our existing broadband network is. Our broadband network has the ability to supply everyone with not just 1 Gigabit broadband but with multi Gigabits and not just download either, uploads too.
We are a community orientated network operator, whose aim is to significantly upgrade our regions broadband infrastructure, providing local jobs and acting as a vital enabler to grow our digital local economy, thereby creating further quality jobs. Lightning Fibre has bold plans afoot with Eastbourne and Hastings at the forefront.
The role primary purpose:
- Lead Lightning Fibre’s traditional and PIA planning, including being the company custodian for GIS asset management system
Key task and responsibilities:
- Lead on traditional and PIA design
- Quality check principle designers work packs
- Co-ordinate as-builts and design lessons learnt
- Lead on LOC properties and co-ordinate with wayleaves
- Ensure Lightning Fibre’s compliance with all Openreach PIA rules
- Keep up to date with evolving Openreach PIA requirements
- Own the PIA process which includes but is not limited to; NOIs, reporting and network adjustments
- Optimising traditional design with PIA opportunities including use of Poles for last drop
- Design and Contractor co-ordination in collaboration with the wider team
- Manage dashboards and support the Delivery Director
- Liaise with local authorities as part of planning
- Experience and proficient user of GIS tools, specifically for FTTx design (e.g. 3GIS)
- Working knowledge of PON planning in both an underground and overhead setting
- Knowledge of the Openreach PIA product
- Leader and a team player, highly organised, confident, good communicator, resourceful, commercially aware and delivery orientated
- Demonstrable knowledge within the Construction and/or Utilities industry
- Full UK Driving License
- Interest in broadband and telecoms technologies
- Experience of working in a young dynamic company
This is a rare and excellent opportunity to be part of something special in your local community.
Please submit your CV together with a covering letter which should outline what you will bring to this role.