Lightning Fibre is recruiting a Fibre Planner to join the team in Eastbourne. This role reports to the Fibre Planning Manager.
Lightning Fibre is the leading local alternative network for Full Fibre broadband in East Sussex. We are headquartered in Eastbourne where our existing broadband network is. Our broadband network has the ability to supply everyone with not just 1 Gigabit broadband but with multi Gigabits and not just download either, uploads too.
We are a community orientated network operator, whose aim is to significantly upgrade our regions broadband infrastructure, providing local jobs and acting as a vital enabler to grow our digital local economy, thereby creating further quality jobs. Lightning Fibre has bold plans afoot withEastbourne and Hastings at the forefront.
The role primary purpose:
- Reporting to the Planning Manager you’ll undertake Lightning Fibre’s traditional and PIA planning, including being the company updating our GIS asset management system
Key task and responsibilities:
- Traditional and PIA design
- Quality check principle designers work packs
- Ensure Lightning Fibre’s compliance with all Openreach PIA rules
- Facilitate Lightning Fibre’s PIA process which includes but is not limited to; NOIs, reporting and network adjustments
- Optimising traditional design with PIA opportunities including use of Poles for last drop
- Design and Contractor co-ordination in collaboration with the wider team
- Progress reporting
- Support the Fibre Planning Manager
- Access network planning experience - good civils and fibre planning experience
- External site survey experience; NRSWA, Unit 2 Street Works Signing, Lighting & Guarding accreditation
- Experience and proficient user of GIS tools, specifically for FTTx design (e.g. 3GIS)
- Working knowledge of PON planning in both an underground and overhead setting
- Knowledge of the Openreach PIA product
- A team player, highly organised, confident, good communicator, resourceful, commercially aware and delivery orientated
- Demonstrable knowledge within the Construction and/or Utilities industry
- Attention to detail and accuracy coupled with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Full UK Driving License
- Experience of working in a young dynamic company
- Previous PIA overhead and underground design experience
This is a rare and excellent opportunity to be part of something special in your local community.
Please submit your CV together with a covering letter which should outline what you will bring to this role.
Reference ID: LF Fibre Planner
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- PIA (OH/UG) Network Design: 1 year (Required)
- FTTH/P Network Design: 1 year (Required)
- GIS: 1 year (Preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place