Lightning Fibre is the leading local alternative network provider of Full Fibre broadband in East Sussex. We are headquartered in Eastbourne and have an existing broadband network in East Sussex. Our broadband network can supply our standard installed customers with anything up to 10 Gigabits in both download either, uploads.
We are a community orientated network operator, whose aim is to significantly upgrade our regions broadband infrastructure, providing local jobs, keeping local £’s in the areas we serve and acts as a vital enabler to grow our digital local economy, thereby creating further quality jobs. Lightning Fibre has bold plans afoot, with Eastbourne and Hastings at the forefront.
The purpose of this role is to Supervise civil contractors, liaising with the contractor supervisor and crews ensuring a consistent and high standard of work is delivered in accordance with LF’s specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervision of the day-to-day contractor delivery.
- Report on contractor progress and efficiency.
- Undertake collaborative walkthroughs before, during and after work pack completion.
- Undertake civil validations.
- Report any concerns, near misses or accidents to the H&S Manager, Senor Supervisor & Construction Manager.
- Coach and support the build partner, ensuring any ‘blockers’ to the plan are highlighted and escalated.
- Conduct weekly site audits across a minimum of 50% of deployed gangs.
- Update daily/weekly reports and review against the project delivery milestones, highlighting any risks to the Construction Manager / Senor Construction Supervisor.
- Consult with the Highways Department, Local Authorities and other Utilities companies on behalf of Lightning Fibre to coordinate works.
- Ensure principal contractors have site-specific method statements and risk assessments in place.
- Liaise with the public, dealing with any issues that the network construction activities may have caused.
- Take ownership of customer complaints with a resolution from end to end.
- Ensure sites are set up in accordance with NRSWA regulations all issues reported to CP supervisors and escalated if unable to resolve.
- Ensure site set up and end of day site closure adheres to the chapter 8 guidelines, adhering to all safety standards and record with photographs.
- Ensure build remains on target as per completion date, reporting any delays/concerns to the Construction Manager & Senor Construction Supervisor.
- Ensure compliance to agreed safety & quality standards including internal policy, methods statements and external guidelines & legislation.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Previous civils supervisory construction experience in a similar role
- Commercial awareness
- Able to work under pressure to deadlines.
- Delivery focused.
- External site survey experience; NRSWA Supervisor Units LA, S1 - S5, & S7
- A team player, highly organized, confident and good communicator
- Attention to detail and accuracy coupled with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Ability to work alone as well as in a strong team environment.
- Full UK Driving License