Lightning Fibre is recruiting a Construction Supervisor to join the team in Eastbourne. This role reports to the Construction Manager.
Lightning Fibre is the leading local alternative network for Full Fibre broadband in East Sussex. We are headquartered in Eastbourne where our existing broadband network is. Our broadband network has the ability to supply everyone with not just 1 Gigabit broadband but with multi Gigabits and not just download either, uploads too.
We are a community orientated network operator, whose aim is to significantly upgrade our regions broadband infrastructure, providing local jobs and acting as a vital enabler to grow our digital local economy, thereby creating further quality jobs. Lightning Fibre has bold plans afoot with Eastbourne and Hastings at the forefront.
The role primary purpose:
- Supervise civil contractors, liaising with the contractor supervisor and crews ensuring a consistent and high standard of work is delivered in accordance with LF’s specifications
- Undertake collaborative approaches, validation and regular quality inspections
Key task and responsibilities:
- Ensure high standards of safe working onsite
- Ensure high quality standards onsite
- Supervision of the day to day contractor delivery
- Report on contractor progress and efficiency
- Undertake collaborative walkthroughs before, during and after work pack completion
- Undertake civil validations
- Carry out safety and welfare inspections
- Report any concerns, near misses or accidents to the H&S Manager
- Previous civils supervisory construction experience in a similar role
- Commercial awareness
- Able to work under pressure to deadlines.
- Delivery focused
- External site survey experience; NRSWA, Unit 2 Street Works Signing, Lighting & Guarding accreditation
- A team player, highly organised, confident and good communicator
- Attention to detail and accuracy coupled with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Full UK Driving License
- Experience of working in a young dynamic company
This is a rare and excellent opportunity to be part of something special in your local community.
Please submit your CV together with a short covering letter or message which should outline what you will bring to this role.