Lightning Fibre is recruiting Cable Engineers (Telecoms) to join the team in Eastbourne. This role reports to the Delivery Director.
Lightning Fibre is the leading local alternative network for Full Fibre broadband in East Sussex. We are headquartered in Eastbourne where our existing broadband network is. Our broadband network has the ability to supply everyone with not just 1 Gigabit broadband but with multi Gigabits and not just download either, uploads too.
We are a community orientated network operator, whose aim is to significantly upgrade our regions broadband infrastructure, providing local jobs and acting as a vital enabler to grow our digital local economy, thereby creating further quality jobs. Lightning Fibre has bold plans afoot with Eastbourne and Hastings at the forefront.
The role primary purpose:
- You’ll undertake Lightning Fibre’s PIA deployment including validation and completing of A55’s.
Key task and responsibilities:
- Rod & roping
- Pulling subduct
- Fibre blowing (training can be provided)
- Locating and evidencing blockages
- Completing A55 forms
- Working with the wider delivery team, facilitate Lightning Fibre’s PIA process which includes but is not limited to; NOIs, reporting and network adjustments
- Health & Safety Compliant
- Experienced working within the Openreach network (PIA accredited) including confined spaces
- External site survey experience; NRSWA, Unit 2 Street Works Signing, Lighting & Guarding accreditation
- Knowledge of the Openreach PIA product
- A team player, highly organised, confident and good communicator
- Attention to detail and accuracy coupled with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Full UK Driving License
- Experience of working in a young dynamic company
- Previous PIA overhead and underground design experience
- Experience of GIS tools
- Experience of fibre blowing